Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: I Know A Heartache
Artist: Jennifer Warnes

To me, the beginning of this songs sounds like the beginning of "Listen To The Rhythm Of The Falling Rain" by the Cascades (also covered by Dan Fogelberg).

Last edited:
Nice. Never heard that song before, nor I had heard of that band.

But then I looked them up and saw that Al Kooper and Steve Katz were listed as original band members. That's a pretty solid foundation.

TIP - WBZ used to play them on occasion, that's where I first heard "Flute Thing"

Nostalgic, holy crap, yes for me. From the '80s British comedy The Young Ones that was on MTV for some funny reason. :)

Neil is my favorite hippy and "I hate hippies"! And yes I have a hole in my shoe. Both actually. In the toes.

1.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/YB0UZN83N-w

Song: Foreplay/Long Time
Artist: Boston (drum cover by Sina)

IIRC, Beaglebay likes songs that feature good drumming.

This might fit the bill for anyone that enjoys seeing and hearing talent on the skins. There's a reason this video has over 1.5 million views.

If you choose to listen to this, I suggest going full-screen and watching it, too. The video production values are quite high, IMO.

Oh, and if more persuasion is needed, Sina has a red Chuck Taylor component to her game.

1611996969133.png

Last edited:

This might fit the bill for anyone that enjoys seeing and hearing talent on the skins. There's a reason this video has over 1.5 million views.

If you choose to listen to this, I suggest going full-screen and watching it, too. The video production values are quite high, IMO.

Oh, and if more persuasion is needed, she has a red Chuck Taylor component to her game.

View attachment 1786

Yes, drums and bass are my thing. And I have been wearing Chucks non-stop since I was a wee lassie :party:

Oh, and if more persuasion is needed, Sina has a red Chuck Taylor component to her game.

View attachment 1786

Fucking chills man, for a few reasons. The greatest living drummer in the world, Tool's Danny Carey couldn't have nailed that any better.

A strong, supremely capable beautiful young woman just killed a song I used to use to test speakers I was thinking about buying back in the day.

I ended up with Infinity speakers. And they just blew me away with my Nakamichi receiver and CD player.

Just chills and a wow.

Thank you!

Back