Looking at the Patriots 2024

Spoiled for so long.

You're right. We were spoiled by Bill and Tommy, though, not by Kraft. He had 0 to do with building the dynasty and everything to do with tearing it down.
All because he wants a Gold Jacket and he thinks by siding against Bill, the other owners will vote him in.

You're right. We were spoiled by Bill and Tommy, though, not by Kraft. He had 0 to do with building the dynasty and everything to do with tearing it down.
All because he wants a Gold Jacket and he thinks by siding against Bill, the other owners will vote him in.
I thought the reasons why were obvious but you’re absolutely right. Siding against Bill Belichick in order to get a gold jacket is a new thought for me. It seems so petty and minor relative to the overall success of the team. It’s hard to believe. But given recent events…

???? You're not really saying you stood a better chance getting a good QB in 2021 by drafting QBs in rounds 2-7 were better than your chances of hitting in round 1 are you????
No
I was referring to those who say that we need to draft "a quarterback" at #3, regardless. History of drafting "a quarterback" in the first round is not very good.
Once again I will post this and I think the author is being kind to some.
NFL Draft 2023: Regrading each first-round QB pick in the last 15 years, from Trevor Lawrence to Joe Flacco

BTW, I was all in on Mac Jones starting in January before the draft. This year I'm much more cautious Williams and Maye scare me. I think we stand a better chance with Daniels or JJ if they sit a year.

Last edited:
It is way too early to judge Mayo IMO. We are not even half way through the off-season yet. I am psyched for the draft. Hopefully we get a much needed infusion of young talent especially on offense ...

It is way too early to judge Mayo IMO. We are not even half way through the off-season yet. I am psyched for the draft. Hopefully we get a much needed infusion of young talent especially on offense ...
O/U of you saying this exact thing from now until the end of the season is 15.5. :coffee:

Win totals are up at #BetMGM. Pats get the 2nd pick of the 2025 draft.

Highest Over/Under Win Total
Chiefs 11.5 (Over -120)
49ers 11.5 (Under -125)
Ravens 11.5 (Under -150)

Lowest Over/Under Win Total
Panthers 4.5 (-110 both ways)
Patriots 5.5 (Under -140)
Broncos 5.5 (Over -145)

No
I was referring to those who say that we need to draft "a quarterback" at #3, regardless. History of drafting "a quarterback" in the first round is not very good.
Once again I will post this and I think the author is being kind to some.
NFL Draft 2023: Regrading each first-round QB pick in the last 15 years, from Trevor Lawrence to Joe Flacco

BTW, I was all in on Mac Jones starting in January before the draft. This year I'm much more cautious Williams and Maye scare me. I think we stand a better chance with Daniels or JJ if they sit a year.
Sorry but that's just not based on facts or statistics. Should we not have drafted Drew Bledsoe because the year before we were 1-15? I promise you that team was a hell of alot worse than this one and they were in the playoffs two years later. Also, sitting a year or not has no statistical back up that shows increased chance of success. Being afraid of the 1st round because of the failure rate makes no sense, of 14 starting QBs in the playoffs this year 11 were 1st round picks, and if you go back 30 years the number of playoff starting QBs remains the same, about 75% of all starting playoff QBs over the past 30 years were 1st round picks. The bottom line is that by every single meaningful measure of success, the odds of acquiring a legitimately talented QB is still overwhelmingly linked to the 1st round.

Sorry but that's just not based on facts or statistics. Should we not have drafted Drew Bledsoe because the year before we were 1-15? I promise you that team was a hell of alot worse than this one and they were in the playoffs two years later. Also, sitting a year or not has no statistical back up that shows increased chance of success. Being afraid of the 1st round because of the failure rate makes no sense, of 14 starting QBs in the playoffs this year 11 were 1st round picks, and if you go back 30 years the number of playoff starting QBs remains the same, about 75% of all starting playoff QBs over the past 30 years were 1st round picks. The bottom line is that by every single meaningful measure of success, the odds of acquiring a legitimately talented QB is still overwhelmingly linked to the 1st round.
Apples and Oranges. Patriots had the #1 overall pick, and Bledsoe was the best prospect in the draft. It was a slam-dunk, no-brainer pick for a team that hadn't had a QB in years.

Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels aren't the best prospects in the draft, not even the best QB prospects, and you're drafting at #3.

Rare, occasional gems like this are why I leave you off my ignore list.

You nailed it.
When I quit drinking I kept a couple of old drinking buddies around because they were occasionally funny. AAfter a while though I figured out that even though they were only a mild inconvenience I could ignore, why bother? Every minute spent with them was a minute I could be enjoying myself in the presence of someone less rancorous. Maybe I did miss a gem this time but life's just too short to waste it on people "who are okay once in a while."

Back