The 2024 Draft

That is outstanding.
Did the say how many made it home without being mugged? :lol:

That area of Detroit is actually quite safe. The downtown area in general is very safe. The police don't fuck around.

The issue is "Detroit" is a HUGE city in terms of land area (143 square miles vs. 44 square miles for Boston) and the neighborhoods outside of downtown are a fucking mess! If you need gas in one of these areas you need to wait at the pump until the gas station guards can come out and pump your gas. If you do it on your own you WILL get mugged. And yes, you must pay the guards a tip after they make sure you don't bleed. I have done this due to poor planning before.

The actual downtown area is generally safe and quite fun. Ford Field and Comerica Park are right next to each other and Little Caesars Arena is a 7 minute walk from there.

But don't get drunk and wander too far....

That area of Detroit is actually quite safe. The downtown area in general is very safe. The police don't fuck around.

The issue is "Detroit" is a HUGE city in terms of land area (143 square miles vs. 44 square miles for Boston) and the neighborhoods outside of downtown are a fucking mess! If you need gas in one of these areas you need to wait at the pump until the gas station guards can come out and pump your gas. If you do it on your own you WILL get mugged. And yes, you must pay the guards a tip after they make sure you don't bleed. I have done this due to poor planning before.

The actual downtown area is generally safe and quite fun. Ford Field and Comerica Park are right next to each other and Little Caesars Arena is a 7 minute walk from there.

But don't get drunk and wander too far....
Right now I'm in the DC area. My daughter's home is in the Maryland suburbs. In fact her home is just a couple of miles from 2 of the most expensive private golf courses.
We go to DC in the daytime to visit the various monuments and museums. But we would not hang around after dark.

I better hear the name of Kingsley Saumataia or even Patrick Paul at #34 or I'll be pissed.
from a "need an O-lineman" these make sense. are they worth pick 34? not that I know, but if they help fill a glaring need I'm fine with it.
but with some D players that were likely 1st rounders that slipped - like McKinstry or that white guy - would that be a better "value" with that pick? I'm good with beefing up the secondary as well

from a "need an O-lineman" these make sense. are they worth pick 34? not that I know, but if they help fill a glaring need I'm fine with it.
but with some D players that were likely 1st rounders that slipped - like McKinstry or that white guy - would that be a better "value" with that pick? I'm good with beefing up the secondary as well
I mean, are we talking 'Draft Guru Rankings', or real world? Because real world, no. You're at the 10th best OT in the draft, at pick 34, when you have legitimate first rounders just sitting there.

I mean, are we talking 'Draft Guru Rankings', or real world? Because real world, no. You're at the 10th best OT in the draft, at pick 34, when you have legitimate first rounders just sitting there.
is the 10th best this year normally the... say 5th best in any other year? I can't say I count 1st round OT's year to year, but this was said to be a strong draft for OT's so maybe this guy Kingsley is pretty good

note - just saw PP edited his post and is good with Kool Aid, which I'm also advocating.... but may be Bills surprise and take him... there's also that white guy DB.

is the 10th best this year normally the... say 5th best in any other year? I can't say I count 1st round OT's year to year, but this was said to be a strong draft for OT's so maybe this guy Kingsley is pretty good

note - just saw PP edited his post and is good with Kool Aid, which I'm also advocating.... but may be Bills surprise and take him... there's also that white guy DB.
If the Bills blow the Adonai Mitchell pick, the Patriots need to pounce on that. He's the last chance to get a game changer at WR or OT in the draft, and he's no shoe-in.

The WR and Tackle positions were deep but as others have stated have been historically drained.
I’m fine taking a CB next. Swing back to WR and tackle in the 3rd and 4th. I think it’s easier to find OL guys in those rounds who turn into starters than WR in that area. So they go CB and double up on the Oline Im fine with that.

Kingsley has been consistently been rated mid-second, even bottom first by many mocks and player rankings since January. Others have been rated second to fourth depending on who is doing the ratings.

The WR and Tackle positions were deep but as others have stated have been historically drained.
I’m fine taking a CB next. Swing back to WR and tackle in the 3rd and 4th. I think it’s easier to find OL guys in those rounds who turn into starters than WR in that area. So they go CB and double up on the Oline Im fine with that.
I mean, exactly. There are still actual players at WR and OT, but there aren't any game changers, so taking a flyer in the third and fourth for those would be completely acceptable.

Again, this is assuming the Bills don't take Adonai Mitchell, which I 100% expect them to.

If the Bills blow the Adonai Mitchell pick, the Patriots need to pounce on that. He's the last chance to get a game changer at WR or OT in the draft, and he's no shoe-in.
I agree with this one and I think they will.

Back